CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

They do exist, and I'm a fan...

Now for a little something I KNOW Beetle isn't tracking. Our hometown Kansas City Wizards. While I won't mention them much on this blog, I will occasionally talk of the world's most popular sport (and the sport that is treated like crap by we "ugly Americans").

The team had been on the downslide for the past couple of years (missed the playoffs in '05 and '06), and the departure of Eddie Johnson might lead some to think we are headed back there. I, however, am optimistic this season.

Let me remind everyone that we DID make the conference semifinals last season. I know Eddie is a talented player, but dude had a lot of the characteristics of a Prima Donna/Clubhouse Cancer (e.g. Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Barry Bonds) and clearly didn't play hard for the full 90. I think him leaving will help the team chemistry and Scott Sealy will step up and have a huge season.

Final soapbox on this topic: SUPPORT YOUR FRIGGIN' TEAM Kansas City! We are consistently in the bottom two in the league in attendance, and that ain't portraying the fair city correctly. Another couple years like this and that eyesore to the East will steal our team from us. This year the Wizards will be playing out of Arrowhead as they wait for a permanent home. Most of their games will be at the CAB and they are ridiculously affordable, ranging from $15-$25. So circle the home opener date (exactly 2 weeks from today) and support the other Blue vs. the D.C. United.

0 comments: