CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

He's Dreamy

Dubya: Okay, I have to admit it. I have a man crush on Billy Butler. The dude is just EXACTLY what I think of when I picture the quintessential ballplayer, and to make it even it better, he wears the powder blue. So far this spring, he's hitting a paltry .419 while leading the team with 21 total bases and 13 hits. Sick.

That follows a Freshman season where he hit .292/.347/.447 over 92 games. Do you know what George Brett did in his rookie year? .282/.313/.363 Now, I'm not saying Billy Butler is as good of a hitter as George Brett - yet. What I am saying is that the man could be shaping up to be the best pure hitter since "The Great One" if this trend continues.

Only problem with this comparison is the whole "complete player" thing. Brett was an incredible field player, while Billy looks like Britney Spears at a MENSA convention when he sets foot between the lines. Looks like we have Edgar Martinez on our hands.

0 comments: