CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Meche and Cinderella

Two separate topics here, but I liked the title.

Meche is looking VERY solid heading into the season and that bodes well for us. Having a "stopper" who can end potentially season-ending losing streaks is step one in turning the franchise around. Above all, he has been consistent, which is extremely encouraging heading into the season.

Hitting looked great today. It was nice to see Gordon and Guillen get off the longball schneid, and having Teahen, Butler, DeJesus, and Gordon all hitting over .300 is a very good thing. Callaspo did it again today, and it is getting to the ridiculous point if we don't start the season with him in powder blue. Soria is not himself though, and without a sure closer, any game is up for grabs.

As for the tourney, I'm passively watching. My only emotion today was when W. Kentucky beat Drake on that awesome last second three. Unfortunately, I really liked the Bulldogs this year and I truly think they win that game 9 out of 10 times. Too bad they played the 10th game today. Also of note-Connecticut falls to San Diego. Love it. Calgoon is totally overrated in my book. Mark my words - Memphis is the first #1 seed to fall, likely in their sweet 16 game to Pitt.

That's all for tonight- I might grab a drink with Pester tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Live from the SGF -
Dubya

0 comments: