CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hillman Ball

As I looked at the final score from today's game (13-3), I was anxious to see who went yard. Looking through the boxscore, however, I discovered that the boys in blue had no homeruns today. I mention this, because I think this may be the style of ball we see all year. I'm confident in our ability to produce runs, but we aren't going to do it via the longball. Except for the occasional shot from Butler, Teahen, Buck, maybe Shealy - we are going to rally teams to death. This is very consistent with what we have seen from Hillman in his past experience. He seems to do well with "Whitey Herzog" type clubs. His Japanese teams were known for their fundamentals and their ability to put pressure on clubs via the running game. Perfect fit for our "popless" outfit in KC. I think the fit is good, as will be the results. As long as the pitching comes around.

Saw "3:10 to Yuma" last night. Great flick - I enjoyed a lot. I'm not normally a fan of westerns, but this was really good. Like him or hate him, Crowe can flat out act. I believe him as the hero or the villain, wholeheartedly, evertime. Saw "Michael Clayton" a few weeks ago as well as "the Kingdom". I would rate Kingdom better than the critics and Clayton slightly worse than the critics. Both solid, however.

Oh - broke down and did the midnight Wal-Mart run for a Wii last night. I am officially a dad of 3. I will say though that the think is pretty addictive. I imagine I will be quite sore tomorrow from my Wii activity. Upside - I'm one heck of a boxer. Downside - my 6 year old beats me at bowling every friggin' time.

Dubya - out

0 comments: