CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Big Show

Okay - rough loss today. Hate to see Soria lose the game after a great rally to take the lead. I think Bale did enough to secure the 4th spot in the rotation. Callaspo had another good day today, making it harder and harder to ignore him. That leads me today's topic: who I think will make the big club when we break Spring Training. As of today, here are my predictions for the 25 man roster. By the way, I am ignoring the Guillen/Olivo suspensions for this exercise:

Pitchers (12)

Starting Rotation
1. Meche
2. Bannister
3. Greinke
4. Bale
5. Hochevar

Bullpen
6. Nomo
7. Peralta
8. Mahay
9. Gobble
10. Nunez
11. Yabuta
12. Soria

I realize that taking Hochevar over Tomko is a stretch, but I just have a feeling. I know people probably expect Musser on this list too, but I think he starts at AAA. By the way, this would make for one heck of a AAA rotation (Tomko, Lawrence, Maroth, Lumsden, De La Rosa). That would actually push Rosa, Duckworth and Davies down to AA. Likely, some folks hit the road in this group for other opportunities.

Keep your eye on Braun and Giron in the minors too. I think they will be up quickly.

Now for positions players:

1B: Shealy
2B: Grudzy
SS: Pena Jr.
3B: Gordon
C: Buck
DH: Butler
LF: Teahen
CF: DeJesus
RF: Guillen

That makes the bench only 4 deep, which is scary and tight. IMO, here are the four:
1. Olivo
2. Gathright
3. Gload
4. Callaspo

Biggest leap - Callaspo over German. I know this is a longshot, but I really like this kid. He's hitting .356 with the most spring at bats of anyone. You can't send this guy down. Look for these guys to make a push for the big club at early and after injuries occur:
-German (if he sticks around)
-Maier
-Hollins (again, if he stays)
-J. Smith
-Huber
-Costa

Well- predictions are always fun. What say you Beetle man?

-Dubya

0 comments: