CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

And the winner is...

Tomko..........I think.

As we speak, De La Rosa is in the process of pitching himself right into AAA ball. Through 3 innings, he's allowed 5 hits and 2 HR's. As is typical of DLR, he teases you with greatness, only to screw it up. His four K's through 3 innings makes me think - "wow, this guy could be more than total dog crap". Then he wets the bed and lets friggin' Rafael Furcal go yard on him.

Since De LLLLLLa Rosa is blowing up, and my boy Hochevar was optioned to AAA ball yesterday, I'm thinking Tomko is the winner. Their is a slight chance that Davies could steal the spot, but I think that he and Jorge have options left. Tomko doesn't. That means a rotation that looks like this:

1. Meche - solid ace
2. Bannister - great last outing
3. Greinke - ditto
4. Bale - he's earned it
5. Tomko - Merry Christmas. For now.

I'm guessing that five spot will be a rotating door for the first half of the season. Hopefully, we can land on a solid one before the pennant race (snicker snicker).

6 days until Opening Day!!!!!

Dubya

0 comments: